BUSINESS and INDUSTRY
Southwest Technology’s Business and Industry Services (BIS) is an economic development team that provides assistance, support and training in a wide variety of business programs. They understand that productivity and profit matter and through their consulting and training opportunities they are available to help a business achieve their goals. The BIS team will work with a company considering locating in Oklahoma, an existing company, both large and small businesses, or an entrepreneur just getting started with a new business idea. Assistance for businesses is available to train and retool workers or train a new workforce or to provide consulting and resources needed for business success. Here are some of the highlights that one can find at Southwest Technology Center:
- Confidential business consulting
- One-on-one assistance with needs such as business plans, learning about legal ownership types, business taxes, marketing, technology, etc./use of plotter printer for contractor clients
- Customized training for industry or government and individuals seeking new workforce skills
- Training for Existing Industries (TEI) for customized training to upgrade a company’s existing workforce, supervisors and front line managers, and upgrade training for basic or technical skills. (This partnership initiative is available through low cost and/or cost shared training for continued economic growth.)
- Training for Industry Program (TIP) for new and expanding companies at little or no cost to qualifying companies to create a quality and highly skilled and productive workforce.
- Customized Safety Training providing compliance classes such as Bloodborne Pathogens, Eye Safety, Back Safety, Forklift Certification, etc. A safe work environment boosts employee satisfaction, increases productivity, efficiency and profit margins and according to the National Safety Council companies implement safety plans can expect to reduce even worker’s compensation rates, less absences and turnover.
- Oklahoma Bid Assistance Network (OBAN) provides marketing and technical assistance to businesses interested in selling products and services to federal, state, local and tribal governments. This service provides daily computerized match reports, personal consulting, proposal review, and help in securing training, assistance with applications for SAM, DUNS, Hubzone, Wide Area Workflow, etc.
- Adult and Career Development provides for personal success and advancement by helping one gain the skills needed to quickly transition to the workforce, develop new and emerging job skills, and enhance career development to succeed in today’s workplace. These programs are offered through short-term quality curriculum and instruction responding to industry needs on a real-time, flexible and innovative basis. Adult short term programs allow for career development, continuing education, certification in many areas and personal enrichment.
Partnering with Southwest Technology Center can open up a world of possibilities that can help your company grow, expand and become more profitable. Available to the local communities in this district are quality, customized training in many areas including Safety, Existing Industry and Training for new and/or expanding Industries.
The BIS team provides value added Economic Development.
As a strategic business partner, Southwest Technology Center helps business and industry clients reach their business goals through customized training and development solutions along with contracting assistance. Contact Dianna Thompson, BIS Coordinator at (580) 480-4736; Lori Miller, Bid Assistance Coordinator at (580) 480-4737.or Tim Rabalais, Business Development Coordinator, at (580) 480-4739 for additional information.