• FAA Part 147 Certified School.
• For full time students attend 6 hours a day 5 days a week for a total of 18 months.
• Learn in both classroom and shop environments.
• Learn to use a wide range of aviation related tools including: electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical and manual.
Who Can Attend?
High School Students / Adults
High School Students:
Attend 1 of 2 sessions
8:10:50am or 12-2:50pm
Full-time 1.75 years
Part-time 2.75 years
Attend 1 of 2 sessions
8-10:50am or 12-2:50pm
Students can receive college credit hours towards an Associate of Applied Science in Aviation through Prior Learning assessment (PLA) and completion of 12 hours at Western Oklahoma State College.
Average starting salaries range from $15 to $18 per hour.
High School Students: Applications can be obtained in the counseling offices of your local high school and returned to your high school counselor.
Adult Students: Applications can be obtained at the Student Services Office located on the SWTC campus at 711 W. Tamarack Rd. in Altus.
• Adult students are required to take a KeyTrain assessment at the cost of $10. Assessments are proctored every Tuesday and Thursday at 8:30am in the testing center at the SWTC Campus or by appointment. To make an appointment for assessments please call the SWTC Testing Liaison at (580) 477-2250.
• There are two recommendation forms that will need to be filled out by a professional reference as well as a personal friend.
To qualify for financial aid, students will need to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form and enroll in a career major that is at least 600 hours. Application forms may be obtained from the financial aid coordinator, Monica Cox. Please have documentation of high school graduation or G.E.D. completion.
711 West Tamarack Rd.
Altus, OK 73521
FAA Airframe and Powerplant
High School Students: Recommendation from your high school counselor.
Adult Students: Adult students are required to take a KeyTrain assessment at the cost of $10 and an interest assessment. Assessments are proctored every Tuesday and Thursday at 8:30am in the testing center at the SWTC Campus or by appointment. To make an appointment for assessments please call the SWTC Testing Liaison at (580) 477-2250.
The current in-district rate ($2.10 per class hour) will be charged to those students residing in a technology center school district. All other students will be charged the out-of-district tuition rate ($4.20 per class hour). In addition, lab fees, supplies and textbooks may be required.