• Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems, and personal computers.
• Answer telephones, direct calls, and take messages.
• Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems
• Use word processing, spreadsheet, or other software applications to prepare reports, invoices, financial statements, letters, case histories, or medical records.
• Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders, and address complaints.
• Open, sort, and route incoming mail, answer correspondence, and prepare outgoing mail.
• Schedule and confirm patient diagnostic appointments, surgeries, or medical consultations.
• Maintain medical records, technical library, or correspondence files.
High School Junior & Seniors:
1-2 school years
Attend 1 of 2 sessions
8-10:50am or 12-2:50pm
2 years (1 session)
1 year (both sessions)
8:10:50am or 12-2:50pm
The current in-district rate ($2.10 per class hour) will be charged to those students residing in a technology center school district. All other students will be charged the out-of-district tuition rate ($4.20 per class hour). In addition, lab fees, supplies and textbooks may be required.
High School Students: Applications can be obtained in the counseling offices of your local high school and returned to your high school counselor.
Adult Students: Applications can be obtained at the Student Services Office located on the SWTC campus at 711 W. Tamarack Rd. in Altus.
Adult students are required to take a KeyTrain assessment at the cost of $10. Assessments are proctored every Tuesday and Thursday at 8:30am in the testing center at the SWTC Campus or by appointment. To make an appointment for assessments please call the SWTC Testing Liaison at (580) 477-2250.
Who Can Attend?
High School Junior & Seniors / Adults
Southwest Technology Center offers and has access to a variety of financial aid options for those who qualify and plan on attending a full-time training program. Although SWTC does not offer any type of students loans, our staff will help you through the process.
Contact Monica Cox, Financial Aid Coordinator at (580) 480-4734 for more information.
SWTC builds partnerships with business and industry in the southwest Oklahoma area to find opportunities for work-based experiences and student placement. Successful graduates can find employment at schools, hospitals, medical clinics, legal and insurance offices, as well as a wide variety of other area businesses.
Fundamentals of Technology & Brainbench Certifications:
• MS Excel
• MS Outlook
• MS Word
• Medical Terminology
• Accounts Receivable/Billing
• Medical Billing
• MS Powerpoint
• Accounts Payable
• Health Insurance
• MS Access
• Data Entry/10-Key
• HIPAA Privacy
High School Students: Recommendation from your high school counselor.
Adult Students: Adult students are required to take a KeyTrain assessment at the cost of $10 and an interest assessment. Assessments are proctored every Tuesday and Thursday at 8:30am in the testing center at the SWTC Campus or by appointment. To make an appointment for assessments please call the SWTC Testing Liaison at (580) 477-2250.
• Administrative Assistant
• Executive Administrative Assistant
• Medical Office Assistant
• Customer Service
711 West Tamarack Rd.
Altus, OK 73521