• Operate a wide-range of professional hand, power and pneumatic tools.
• Interpret and use blue prints to construct wood structures.
• Work and learn alongside a master craftsmen in a shop environment.
Who Can Attend?
High School Students / Adults
High School Students:
Attend 1 of 2 sessions
8-10:50am or 12-2:50pm
Full-time: 10 months
Part-time: 2 years
Attend 1 of 2 sessions
8:10:50am or 12-2:50pm
The current in-district rate ($2.10 per class hour) will be charged to those students residing in a technology center school district. All other students will be charged the out-of-district tuition rate ($4.20 per class hour). In addition, lab fees, supplies and textbooks may be required.
High School Students: Applications can be obtained in the counseling offices of your local high school and returned to your high school counselor.
Adult Students: Applications can be obtained at the Student Services Office located on the SWTC campus at 711 W. Tamarack Rd. in Altus.
• Adult students are required to take a KeyTrain assessment at the cost of $10. Assessments are proctored every Tuesday and Thursday at 8:30am in the testing center at the SWTC Campus or by appointment. To make an appointment for assessments please call the SWTC Testing Liaison at (580) 477-2250.
• There are two recommendation forms that will need to be filled out by a professional reference as well as a personal friend.
SWTC builds partnerships with business and industry in the southwest Oklahoma area to find opportunities for work-based experiences and student placement. Successful graduates can find employment on construction crews, lumberyards and other construction related companies.
711 West Tamarack Rd.
Altus, OK 73521
NCCER-National Center for Construction Education and Research
• Finish Carpenter
High School Students: Recommendation from your high school counselor.
Adult Students: Adult students are required to take a KeyTrain assessment at the cost of $10 and an interest assessment. Assessments are proctored every Tuesday and Thursday at 8:30am in the testing center at the SWTC Campus or by appointment. To make an appointment for assessments please call the SWTC Testing Liaison at (580) 477-2250.
Southwest Technology Center offers and has access to a variety of financial aid options for those who qualify and plan on attending a full-time training program. Although SWTC does not offer any type of students loans, our staff will help you through the process.
Contact Monica Cox, Financial Aid Coordinator at (580) 480-4734 for more information.