The Practical Nursing program is approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing (OBN) and Oklahoma Department of Career Tech and Education (ODCTE). This program will prepare students to work as a highly skilled member of the health care team.
Who Can Attend?
February – January 8:15am-11:30am /12:30 – 3:30pm
• Clinical hours will vary.
Licensed Practical Nurse
The current in-district rate ($2.10 per class hour) will be charged to those students residing in a technology center school district. All other students will be charged the out-of-district tuition rate ($4.20 per class hour). In addition, lab fees, supplies and textbooks may be required.
Adult Students: Applications can be obtained at the Student Services Office located on the SWTC campus at 711 W. Tamarack Rd. in Altus.
• Adult students are required to take a KeyTrain assessment at the cost of $10. Assessments are proctored every Tuesday and Thursday at 8:30am in the testing center at the SWTC Campus or by appointment. To make an appointment for assessments please call the SWTC Testing Liaison at (580) 477-2250.
• There are two recommendation forms that will need to be filled out by a professional reference as well as a personal friend.
Southwest Technology Center offers and has access to a variety of financial aid options for those who qualify and plan on attending a full-time training program. Although SWTC does not offer any type of students loans, our staff will help you through the process.
Contact Monica Cox, Financial Aid Coordinator at (580) 480-4734 for more information.
711 West Tamarack Rd.
Altus, OK 73521
• Certified Nursing Assistant, CNA, after completion of Level I
• Advanced Unlicensed Assistant, AUA, after completion of Level II
• Certified Medication Aide, CMA, after six months of employment as a CNA and successful completion of Pharmacology
• National Council Licensure Examination, NCLEX, after completion of the program
Adult Students: Adult students are required to take a Key Train assessment at the cost of $10 and an interest assessment. Assessments are proctored every Tuesday and Thursday at 8:30am in the testing center at the SWTC Campus or by appointment. To make an appointment for assessments please call the SWTC Testing Liaison at (580) 477-2250.
Upon successfully writing the licensure exam, students can work under the supervision of a registered nurse or a licensed physician to provide nursing care to selected patients. Average starting salaries range from $14.00 to $19.00 per hour.
Director of Student Services
PN Director & Instructor
PN Administrative Assistant