The Graphic Design program gives students the opportunity to learn and apply the fundamentals of various design software applications such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. Students gain skills and techniques in image editing, computer vector drawing, page layout, digital printing, digital photography, etc. Valuable knowledge and experience is gained through challenging hands-on projects that are typical of the graphic design industry.
Who Can Attend?
High School Students / Adults
Adult and High School Students:
Students may be selected to participate in a work-study program during the semester prior to graduation. Selection is based on classroom work, attendance, work attitude, reliability and appearance.
High School Students: Applications can be obtained in the counseling offices of your local high school and returned to your high school counselor.
Adult Students: Applications can be obtained at the Student Services Office located on the SWTC campus at 711 W. Tamarack Rd. in Altus.
• There are two recommendation forms that will need to be filled out by a professional reference as well as a personal friend.
• Adult students are required to take entrance assessments. Assessments are proctored in the testing center at the SWTC Campus by appointment. To make an appointment for assessments please call the SWTC Testing Liaison at (580) 477-2250.
SWTC builds partnerships with business and industry in the southwest Oklahoma area to find opportunities for work-based experiences and student placement.
711 West Tamarack Rd.
Altus, OK 73521
Industry Certifications in:
• Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) Photoshop
• InDesign and Illustrator Precision Certifications
• Desktop Publishing
• Digital Media
• Graphic Communication
• Digital & Visual Communication
Southwest Technology Center offers and has access to a variety of financial aid options for those who qualify and plan on attending a full-time training program. Although SWTC does not offer any type of students loans, our staff will help you through the process.
Contact Monica Cox, Financial Aid Coordinator at (580) 480-4734 for more information.
The current in-district rate ($2.50 per class hour) will be charged to those students residing in a technology center school district. All other students will be charged the out-of-district tuition rate ($5 per class hour). In addition, lab fees, supplies and textbooks may be required.