The Practical Nursing program is approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing (OBN) and Oklahoma Department of Career Tech and Education (ODCTE). This program will prepare students to work as a highly skilled member of the health care team.
Who Can Attend?
February – January 8:15am-11:30am /12:30 – 3:30pm
• Clinical hours will vary.
Licensed Practical Nurse
The current in-district rate ($2.50 per class hour) will be charged to those students residing in a technology center school district. All other students will be charged the out-of-district tuition rate ($5 per class hour). In addition, lab fees, supplies and textbooks may be required.
Adult Students: Applications can be obtained at the PN Enrollment Office located on the SWTC campus at 711 W. Tamarack Rd. in Altus.
• Students must have their High School Transcript/ GED Scores, Birth Certificate, Vaccination Record, and a completed Medical Terminology course.
• Upon acceptance, students must bring their CPR/AED certification card.
• Adult students are required to take entrance assessments. Assessments are proctored in the testing center at the SWTC Campus by appointment. To make an appointment for assessments please call the SWTC Testing Liaison at (580) 477-2250.
Southwest Technology Center offers and has access to a variety of financial aid options for those who qualify and plan on attending a full-time training program. Although SWTC does not offer any type of students loans, our staff will help you through the process.
Contact Monica Cox, Financial Aid Coordinator at (580) 480-4734 for more information.
711 West Tamarack Rd.
Altus, OK 73521
• Certified Nursing Assistant, CNA, after completion of Level I
• Advanced Unlicensed Assistant, AUA, after completion of Level II
• Certified Medication Aide, CMA, after six months of employment as a CNA and successful completion of Pharmacology
• National Council Licensure Examination, NCLEX, after completion of the program
Upon successfully writing the licensure exam, students can work under the supervision of a registered nurse or a licensed physician to provide nursing care to selected patients. Average starting salaries range from $18.00 to $22.00 per hour.
Director of Student Services
PN Director & Instructor
PN Administrative Assistant
Practical Nursing Video Tour