Parent/Student Guide to Distance Learning
Overview and Purpose
- The purpose of this guide is to provide answers and expectations during our time of distance learning.
- Our hope is to maintain academic rigor while providing a sense of stability to our students
- Students will be required to complete all assignments given by their teachers, whether by Google Classroom/Google Meet, specific program software or in packet/worksheet form.
- Students should expect to spend approximately 1 to 1 ½ hours per day completing their SWTC schoolwork. Some students may need additional time.
- Virtual assignments should be submitted digitally by the due dates indicated by the program instructors.
- Paper packets, if determined to be needed by the instructor, will be available through the drop off/pick-up schedule.
How to Pick Up Work
- Students can pick up their materials needed for extended learning by appointment.Contact (580)477-2250 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Materials will be picked up in the main entrance foyer.
- No more than 5 people will be allowed in the pick-up area at a time.
How to Communicate with Instructors
- Teachers will be available from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. M-F to assist students with issues or concerns. This communication may include but is not limited to: text message, Google Classroom, Google Meet, Zoom, email, or phone calls.
- Teachers will be attempting to make contact with all students weekly through the above contact methods.
How to Return Work
- Work done online will be submitted online. Students completing paper packets, in the instance this occurs, will return their work according to a drop-off schedule established by their instructor. Please ensure your name and program enrolled are clearly marked on each assignment.
Will Work Be Graded
- Yes, academic expectation and integrity remain in force. A minimum of two grades per week can be expected per program.
How Do I Get Personal Belongings from the School?
- Students who need to pick up personal belongings will need to contact their instructor, beginning Monday, April 6thin order to schedule a time to pick up their possessions. Please know that we will be following CDC guidelines through the process. No loitering will be allowed. Students must get their belongings and immediately leave campus.
- End of Semester Dates
- The last day of instruction for Secondary Students is May 8th, 2020
- The last day of instruction for Post-Secondary Students is May 21st, 2020 (with the exception of Aviation and LPN students)
- Awards Assemblies and Graduation
- We will NOTbe rescheduling any of our awards assemblies or graduation at this time. All student scholarships, recognition and awards will be distributed to the appropriate students in a timely fashion following the completion of the semester.
- If you have changes or corrections to a previously submitted 2020-2021 enrollment form or need assistance in enrolling, please contact our Director of Student Services:
- RaChel’ Crume – email@example.com (580)480-4740
- Adult students wishing to apply for a fulltime program may do so online at swtech.edu
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at:
- (580)477-2250 or email Ericka Wiginton, Chief Operations Officer – firstname.lastname@example.org